EV Readiness Planning Program
ACFC, along with Georgia and South Carolina have participated in a DOE funded Southeast Regional Electric Vehicle (EV) Readiness Planning Program. The purpose, in concert with the U. S. Department of Energy's EV Scorecard initiative, is to help communities assess their readiness for EV infrastructure.
What is the Scorecard?
- Tool to help a community assess its EV Readiness
- Receive feedback on strengths
- Receive feedback on areas for improvements
- Record and track progress
There are six areas addressed in the Scorecard
- Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) Permitting and Inspection
- Laws, Incentives, and Financing
- Education and Outreach
- Utility Involvement
- Plug-In Vehicle Market Conditions
- Long-Term Vehicle and Infrastructure Planning
The results generated will:
- Provide an overall score of your community's EV Readiness
- Track your progress in regards to the number of questions you've answered
Prepare a score for each completed topic area, you will receive a readiness score
- Needs Improvement
- On the Right Track
- Great Job
- Allow you to print the Results page to receive examples and resources for areas in which your community needs to improve
Please click on link to see brief power point regarding the EV Scorecard.
There is no cost to participate in the EV Scorecard program and, by completing for your community, you will enjoy a favorable position to be included in potential future RFP's for electric vehicle infrastructure projects.
ACFC will work with you to help you complete the EV Scorecard.
Here are our suggested next steps:
- Review the Scorecard process (PowerPoint and review of the website)
- Create your City account on line
- Allow ACFC to work with you!